Running an affiliate marketing program can be tricky, especially when selling digital goods. So is it worth it?
As online entrepreneurs, we are always on the lookout for ways to increase sales online. But what about affiliate marketing? Should it be in our marketing mix?
At Rainmaker Digital, affiliate marketing has been an important part of our online efforts. And we are lucky that we have the resources to devote to this important channel.
But what about you? Can it work for your needs or are you better off spending time elsewhere?
For this episode, we interview Brian Littleton – the founder and CEO of ShareASale – and ask him the important questions you need to know when considering affiliate marketing.
In this 35-minute episode, Sean Jackson and Jessica Frick debate and examine the benefits of affiliate marketing, including…
- The common complaints about affiliate marketing
- Why the costs of affiliate marketing may be worth it
- Why performance marketing – and affiliate marketing in particular – is a growing trend
- How to structure an affiliate program correctly
- And of course, our question for the week – is Amazon an online business’s best friend, or worse enemy?
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why over 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details
- Check out ShareASale
- Sean’s recommendations for the week, Search Engine News and EZ Texting
- Follow Sean on Twitter
- Follow Jessica on Twitter