Sure, getting traffic from search engines is important. But is it worth investing time in SEO to get that traffic?
When you ask most digital entrepreneurs about SEO, you generally receive a mixed response.
Some will say that traditional SEO no longer matters; too many changes from search engines, too much competition, and too little return.
But savvy online marketers will say that SEO not only matters, it is at the heart of their content marketing strategy.
In this episode we interview Eric Enge, CEO of Stone Temple Consulting and co-author of The Art of SEO. Eric addresses some of the common criticism against SEO with hard data showing how modern SEO can create substantial traffic.
In this 32-minute episode, Sean Jackson and Jessica Frick deep dive into the current state of SEO, including…
- Does SEO still matter, given all the options for traffic?
- Why Google wants relevant results and appreciates SEO
- Why making your content more reader-friendly is hugely important, versus just keyword stuffing content
- Why links still matter and how to get the right ones
- The emerging role of video in search and why you should be using it now
- And of course, our question for the week – Is email marketing still relevant?
The Show Notes
- If you’re ready to see for yourself why over 201,344 website owners trust StudioPress — the industry standard for premium WordPress themes and plugins — swing by StudioPress.com for all the details
- Check out Eric’s video library
- Learn more about Eric Enge and Stone Temple Consulting
- Connect with Sean Jackson on LinkedIn
- Follow Sean on Twitter
- Connect with Jessica Frick on LinkedIn
- Follow Jessica on Twitter