Join the Digital Commerce Revolution
Digital commerce (d-commerce): A subset of e-commerce used to delineate companies that create digital products and services that are marketed, delivered, and supported completely online. Examples include ebooks, online education, virtual membership communities, downloadable software, web hosting, and software as a service (“SaaS”).
The dream of building a business around digital products and services is as old as the Internet itself. Unfortunately, the early days of “digital commerce” were overpopulated with snake oil promises and “Online Cash Machine” hype.
Fortunately, things have changed:
- Sales of ebooks exceeded $9 billion in 2015 worldwide
- Online education is now a$21.3 billion a year in the U.S. alone.
- Apps and other downloadable software are the norm
- Software as a Service rules the business market
- New forms of digital products are emerging daily
In other words, the market is ready and waiting for you. That doesn’t mean it’s gotten any easier, though. We’re here to change that.