Do you love collaborating on creative content in a variety of industries and markets?
Do you have a proven track record of working with businesses to publish SEO-focused blog content that gets results?
Are you excited to join a team of seasoned content marketing pros and data-obsessed SEO experts?
NOTE: This position has been filled and this posting has expired. We are no longer accepting applicants. Thanks.
If so, you might be just who we’re looking for to join us as Content Specialist in a full-time, remote contractor position.
Digital Commerce Partners is a small, fast-growing content marketing and SEO agency founded by the creative content pioneers at Copyblogger.
Our clients have a shared goal of increasing revenue through targeted organic traffic and conversion strategies.
We are looking for an experienced Content Specialist to join a small, focused team as lead editor on a number of client projects.
Working closely with a Digital Marketing Strategist, SEO Researcher, and several hand-picked writers, you’ll bring strategy to life on the page, where it will help clients achieve their business goals.
You will fit this role perfectly if you:
- Understand both the art and science of content marketing. Our detailed processes and data-driven approach to content strategy will empower your editorial skills to shine.
- Have a keen eye for copy and a confident hand as an editor. While you won’t be doing a lot of writing, you will work closely with writers and clients to produce high-quality blog posts and other marketing copy.
- Are willing to invest in listening, learning, and continued growth that will be essential to your success. With your excellent communication skills, you will build relationships with clients and writers, while educating these partners on our approach.
You’ll know you performed at the top of your game when clients rave about their content, growing audiences, and smooth-running editorial calendars.
Your content expertise, communication, and project management skills will ensure clients view our team as an indispensable extension of theirs.
Work with Experienced Pioneers in Content Marketing and SEO
Since 2006, Copyblogger has been teaching creative content marketing and effective SEO. As a company, we’ve practiced what we preached, building an 8-figure bootstrapped software, online education, website hosting, and numerous affiliate marketing ventures.
After 15 years building digital products and businesses, we began working with clients in early 2021. Digital Commerce Partners is the new content marketing services and SEO agency from Copyblogger.
Our core values, what we strive for:
- Better communication, fewer meetings. We value each other’s time, focus, and energy. Get things done, then close the laptop and live your life.
- Client goals are our goals. We succeed when clients succeed — delivering results is our reason for being.
- Generate ideas, not excuses. We figure things out together. Don’t get stuck — get curious and collaborate.
- Keep it simple and take action. Instead of overthinking or avoiding difficult problems, we make decisions and act.
What Your Day Will Look Like
As a Content Specialist at Digital Commerce Partners, you’ll oversee the entire editorial process for a number of client projects. You’ll be working with SEO experts, strategists, and writers to publish several targeted, SEO-focused blog articles each week.
You’ll be responsible for planning and executing weekly publishing schedules, and assisting with additional editing and writing tasks your client projects may require.
While you won’t be in charge of developing strategy, the Content Specialist role is client-facing. You will be in regular contact with clients to update them on editorial calendars, collaborate on content, and work towards perfect alignment with their brand and business goals.
Tasks you’ll be expected to perform include:
- Create and manage editorial calendars, collaborating with strategists, SEO experts, writers, and clients
- Ensure clients’ brand, voice, style, and message is accurate on all content
- Prepare article briefs based on research and client goals
- Prepare style and brand guidelines for new projects
- Publish several articles per week on time, proactively manage and communicate to meet deadlines
- Edit writer submissions to meet standards for writing quality, SEO guidelines, and strategic goals
- Confidently provide feedback to writers, request changes, and provide guidance to improve future submissions
- Gracefully accept and incorporate client feedback on content
- Use WordPress to set up and publish content
- Practice your craft by contributing to the DigitalCommerce.com blog
Skills and experience you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years experience in one or more of the following roles:
- Editor and/or writer in an agency setting
- Freelance content strategist, writer, or editor
- Staff writer, journalist, or editor for digital publications
- Track record of writing and publishing blog content based on a targeted content strategy.
- Proven relationship-building skills and client communication experience.
- Basic hands-on experience with WordPress publishing.
- Excellent writing and impeccable editing skills, with a strong understanding of how to write SEO-friendly content.
- Desire to learn on your own and keep up with content marketing best practices.
- Strong believer in deadlines.
- Exceptional organization, independent management skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience working remotely in similar roles is strongly preferred.
Experience with these tools is required:
- Spreadsheets (Excel or Google Sheets)
- G-Suite (Google Docs, Drive, and Gmail)
Experience with these tools is helpful but not required:
What You Can Expect From DCP
We’re looking for someone to become a long-term (3+ years) member of our team, who is comfortable working remotely as a self-employed contractor.
You’ll get plenty of training and support as you learn our processes, get to know our clients, and gradually take on responsibilities.
You’ll also have opportunities to learn new skills and grow into new roles as we sustainably grow our business and team.
- Compensation: $58,000 USD annually
- Full-time, remote contractor position, providing services as a self-employed individual
- Paid on invoice for 40 hours per week
- Hours are flexible, but will require substantial availability for team and client communication from 9:00 – 5:00 pm ET.
- Paid time off: Certain US and Canadian holidays plus 15 days per year (accrual begins after your first 3 months)
Please fill out and submit the application form below. We’ll review your application form by December 10, 2021, and will then let you know if you’ve been invited to continue to the next stage of the application process.